This is also known as Hannah Bake Two since it was baked and a recipe passed onto us by a friend, Hannah.
It’s a simple breaky and all baked in one dish in the oven.
Recipe as follows (for 2 people – adjust as required):
Oven at 150 degrees C (our oven is fan assisted)
- Potatoes – we used a couple of handfuls of Jersey Royals, kept the small ones whole and cut larger ones in half. You could use any potato, just cut it into bite-sized chunks.
- Cherry tomatoes – we used a couple of handfuls of mixed red and yellow. These go in whole.
- 4 cloves of garlic whole.
- 6 veggie sausages.
- 4 duck eggs (chicken eggs would be fine as well)
- Fresh chives.
- Salt and pepper.
- Olive oil.
- Put a drizzle of olive oil in the pan and put in the warmed oven.
- Clean the potatoes and cut to size if needed. Chop the bottom end of each garlic clove off, but keep whole and don’t peel. Add all this into the warmed oil and put in the oven to begin to roast.
- When starting to crisp up (about 10 minutes) add the veggie sausages and put back in the oven.
- Roast the sausages, turn once or twice, and then add the cherry tomatoes. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Then break the eggs into the pan and put back in oven. I cooked the eggs for around 12 minutes and this was a tiny bit too long, not all the yolks were runny. These were big eggs though, so adjust your cooking time according to your eggs and oven.
- Serve up with fresh chives sprinkled over the top.